Thursday, April 7, 2011

Happy Birthday To Me

I celebrated a birthday last week. For whatever reason, I think of my birthday as the time marker for the year. Did I meet/further my life goals? What did I accomplish? How did I enrich my life and the lives of others? These may seem like typical cliches that everybody espouses, but I truly want to make every day of this year count in some way. Because once I've finished my time on this earth, I don't want to have any regrets.

My mother will tell you she's not artistic. Perhaps this is so, but she's had a history of making theme birthday cakes for me which, for whatever reason, has continued through adulthood.

The backcast is backwards, but I'll cut her some slack (no pun for you fly casting gurus). It's the thought, time and effort that counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment