Friday, June 17, 2011

Bass

Hooked up with an old high school buddy and his friend last Saturday night for some evening bass fishing at Brookville Lake. I don't think I've seen Ben since our high school days, so it was good to chat it up while catching fish. Can there be a better way to spend a Saturday night? I can think of a few scenarios, but fishing, friends and beer are a hard combination to beat.

Before launching the boat, we made a quick pit stop at the Diary Cottage in Brookville for some fried chicken. The Diary Cottage's fried chicken has a legendary reputation. It definitely didn't disappoint, but it's the kind of food item best consumed in moderate portions. Does that mean I adhered to my own dictum? Of course not. 

Bass were active -- we caught them on buzzbaits, spinnerbaits and soft plastics. 



As the sun set, and darkness starting covering the landscape, I had solid smallmouth blow up on a black buzzbait. My best at Brookville. A fitting way to end a night of fishing.





2 comments:

  1. Those out of state fishing licenses are expensive! Nice fish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. $35 a year for Indiana, though it should pay for itself in no time :)

    ReplyDelete